Board/Member Exchange????

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by BPearson, Sep 14, 2015.

1. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Today is Monday September 14 and with the holiday last Monday, the board/member exchange should be this morning. I say should be because I (others as well?) didn't get the blast email Sunday morning from the RCSC regarding things going on this week. Could it be a giant conspiracy? Or is it I plain old missed it? Or, did someone just forget to send it?

All will be revealed eh? See some of you at 9 am Lakeview Social Hall. It should be fun with the these now exchanges now becoming the new long range planning committee. Show up, throw up and hope you get what you want. How does it get better than that?

2. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

No email blast from RCSC about the upcoming events here.

The "crowd" of 10 will probably be there unless a group of special interest speakers show up. The exchange meetings are so important and there are 4 motions that will be voted on at the September 24th Board Meeting.

3. J_and_V

J_and_V Member

Conspiracy, definitely a conspiracy

4. BPearson

Nope, they swore on their pinky finger it wasn't deliberate. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and chalk it up to "computer error." I'm sure you can relate.

On a wholly different note, there's a proposal to increase the paid entertainment at Sun Dial. Last year it was $13 for those with RCSC cards and $15 for those from the outside. This coming year (2016) the cost will be $17 and $20. Seems like a sizeable increase to me. They also will be offering package deals with dedicated seating, though I don't think there is a price break for buying the entire season.

Anyone know any different?

5. J_and_V

J_and_V Member

Didn't I read something about that in a recent Sun Views? And there was a discount for buying the entire season.....let me find that link.

6. Andria

Andria New Member

What does member exchange refer to?

7. BPearson

The RCSC holds two monthly open meetings (except in July and August). The first is the member/board exchange where members can talk to board members about things on their mind and the board has available items that will be voted on at the monthly board meeting. That obviously is the second meeting and the official business of the board/community is done there.

8. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

Sorry for the delay in answering your question but there is a discount if you prepay for the season. The shows end up costing you $14 per show with the prepaid year package. There was an amendment put forth by Peter Lee to make the per show price for members $15 but it failed. He felt the increase to $17 was too high.

9. J_and_V

J_and_V Member