About those APS energy reports....

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by suncityjack, Aug 26, 2013.

1. suncityjack

suncityjack Active Member

What do you think about those comparison graphics APS sends out to let you know how your energy usage compares with your neighbors? Helpful or waste of paper? Has it helped you reign in your usage or enabled you to give yourself a pat on the back?

2. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

I like getting paper copies of bills.
    Also, I like seeing the energy usage comparison but do wonder about accuracy.
    I have settled on my AC at 80 during the day unless I am going to be gone for 4 hours or more.
    Then at night it is 78.

3. suncityjack

On the top of the Home Energy Report it says "To stop receiving this report, contact APS by phone, email or online." I like it since it shows my green efforts seem to be paying off and saving some money too, but I don't see why it has to come in a separate mailing and why they can't just include it with the statement.
    I still like my bills on paper since it's easier for me to see and match up against my statements and I don't want to have another thing I have to print out from my printer when I need to since that darn printer ink is so expensive.

4. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

I only get one mailing from APS and it includes the Energy Report.
    At least I think it does. I'll check.

5. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

I do all of my bill paying online.
    So convenient.
    People who don't/won't use computers are really missing out.

After thinking about it I remembered I pay State Farm
    (house, car, etc) in person. They are very close and I
    enjoy visiting with them.

6. suncityjack

"visiting" is a dying art, but I intend to keep it up as long as I can. For that reason, the local Walgreens and CVS are esp. pleasant to shop at since they don't seem to have the quick turnaround in employees so many places do and you usually can see the same faces and chat. Local bank same way where you can "set a spell" and have some coffee or a cookie or water too. People who were here years ago said there was a real coffee club of sorts a bank on Bell had that was for people with X dollars in their account and they were given morning treats and it was quite a hangout until they stopped.

7. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

After my 1/2 hour pool excercise class on Tues & Thurs we have 1/2 hour called "Walk & Talk" and that's what we do.

I meet a friend at the pool on Saturday and all we do is walk & talk. We never seem to run out of subjects.

8. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

One of my neighbors stops by several evenings a week & we sit in the courtyard and visit.