Sun City Transportaton

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by pegmih, Jun 13, 2013.

1. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

The Northwest Valley Dial-A-Ride service is provided by Valley Metro.
    It serves several cities including Sun City .

Click on the link for information about cost, making an appointment, etc.

2. suncityjack

suncityjack Active Member

This map might be helpful for those wishing to utilize Northwest Valley Dial-A-Ride
    NW_Valley_DAR_2013_Color - 02 13 2013.jpg

3. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

Thank you for more info

4. suncityjack

5. Fiona

Fiona New Member

Thank you suncityjack for the heads up.

6. suncityjack

7. bmac007

bmac007 Member

Great info about Sun City here.. Thanks!!

8. suncityjack

There's a good advocacy group called Friends of Transit. A representative came to present info to the Northwest Valley Transportation Stakeholders committee a couple of months ago. They promote use of effective mass transit and some of their activities involve gathering at businesses along light rail extension areas under construction to help promote business there. It's easy to sign up for their emails too http://www.friendsoftransit.org/

9. archer

archer New Member

10. suncityjack

11. suncityjack

12. Hi,
    I thought I would just ad my 2cents worth on the thread about transportation. I am slowly getting a hang of the different media and technology. However, my strong suit is to simply talk to a person. I was recently introduced to the Transportation Stakeholders group and now will be attending. Let me quickly introduce myself. My name is Tom, I am the manager at 'To My Surprise' shuttle. I want to be very respectful of this site, guests and users and not 'advertise' here. That being said, I will keep my the intro brief and if you would like more info about our services we would be happy to share the To My Surprise unique difference. We started this company just 3 1/2 years ago. We won the small business of the year award in the first eighteen months. We listened to our growing number of customers and have made good strides in the last few years. I have been in management and operation for non-profit and for profit business for more than 3 decades. I enjoy working with people and find the most reward out of work, in life for that matter, helping people. To My Surprise is built on that premise ; to help. We offer an alternative ride that goes directly to Sky Harbor with NO stops along the way. We can get you to the airport in 30-45 minutes and home just about the same! No Stops is the key. We offer a parking lot where you can be dropped off or park a car (currently for FREE) in our gated and locked lot. If you don't have a way to get to us, no worries, we can come pick you up at your door. YEP, we offer door to door services too! It works great and doesn't put a kink in our direct service with NO stops.... but we can share more if you would like you can visit our website www.shuttle2surprise.com or call 623.218.6035. Thank you for allowing me to share. Also, I am very excited about the direction the Transportation Stakeholders meetings are going. The leadership, members and partners are dedicated people and passionate about helping make transportation recourses much easier for everyone. I am eager to attend and learn more. Thank you suncityjack for pointing the website out and for your amazing involvement! I look forward to meeting new people and discussing the transportation needs, and more importantly, the solutions for all of us in the area.
    Blessing,
    Tom
    to My Surprise shuttle

13. suncityjack

Thx so much for all that info Tom. As you can see from the date when I asked about "To My Surprise" it's been awhile, but it was worth it to get the info straight from someone who really knows, so this is a handy resource.
    Oh, and just a reminder to those who might want to made it to the Transportation Stakeholders mtg. It's tomorrow, Thurs. May 15 at 9 a.m. at the Mary Bovard Room at Benevilla's main campus: 16752 N. Greasewood in Surprise. The mtgs are held the third Thurs. of the month there at 9 a.m. and all are welcome to learn about transportation options in the Northwest Valley and to help facilitate changes for the better.

14. suncityjack

The Northwest Valley Transportation Stakeholders will be meeting Thursday August 21, 2014 at 9:00 a.m. Benevilla's main campus at 16752 N. Greasewood St. in Surprise, (623) 584-4999. The group is active in promoting and increasing transportation options in the region and is eager to increase its membership. Come and meet Kathy Chandler, the Executive Director/Mobility Manager of Northwest Valley Connect who will be presenting updates and a coordination plan. Updates about the soon-to-be erected Sun City bus shelter at Santa Fe Dr. and 105th will also be provided. The group meets regularly the third Thurs. of the month, but it never hurts to confirm just in case there is a cancellation.

15. suncityjack

Here's an opportunity to suggest bus routes and improvements to transportation. The site focuses on Phoenix, but map includes us and there is discussion focusing on the West Valley. It would help to show interest by voting for some of the route extensions listed and suggest some of your own. Phoenix's Mayor Greg Stanton is very interested in regional transportation issues and I'm sure realizes that it is to everyone's benefit to connect the West Valley.
    The city of Phoenix will be speaking with the community to learn about needs related to transit, road infrastructure and complete streets elements. Feedback will be used to select future light rail extensions and identify funding for transportation improvements and can be given in a variety of ways: public meetings, outreach events, and the site, particularly the part titled "Tell us where more bus service is needed," so give it a look and please vote for suggestions that would help our area: www.talktransportation.org

16. suncityjack

Few people know that the Northwest Valley Dial-A-Ride service provided by Valley Metro for Sun City has recently undergone some improvements, such as you no longer need to transfer vehicles for some locations outside of Sun City. What an improvement! Was able to get to Arrowhead Towne Center to get new eyeglasses and didn't have to transfer to Peoria Dial-A-Ride at 99th and Peoria like I used to have to do.